Last Updated: 05-Mar-2022
on Baylis’ website.
Information You Provide
- PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information from you in connection with your application.
Information we collect includes:
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other contact information;
- Username (your e-mail address) and password;
- Work authorization status;
- CV, résumé, cover letter, previous work experience and education information;
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities;
- Professional and other work-related licenses, permits and certifications held;
- Information relating to character and employment references; and
- Any other information you elect to provide to us (e.g., employment preferences, willingness to relocate, current salary, desired salary, awards or professional memberships).
Consistent with applicable law, we may ask questions about race/ethnic origin, gender, and disability of our applicants, for the monitoring of equal employment opportunity compliance. We may also inquire about criminal records following a conditional offer of employment, where permitted by applicable law. Except as specifically requested or legally required, we ask that you avoid submitting information in your application which may qualify as sensitive information under applicable law. Sensitive information includes data about race, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, age, gender identity, sex life or practices or sexual orientation, marital status, medical or health information (including disability status), genetic or biometric information, biometric templates, political or philosophical beliefs, political party or trade union membership, veteran status, photographs, background check information, judicial data such as criminal records, or information on other judicial or administrative proceedings.
Any information you submit through the Career Center site or which you otherwise share with our Talent Advisor must be true, complete, and not misleading. Purposely submitting inaccurate, incomplete, or misleading information may lead to rejection of your application during the application process, or, if identified after employed with the company, disciplinary action including immediate termination of employment. In addition, it is your responsibility to ensure that information you submit does not violate any third party’s rights.
If you provide us with personal information of a reference or any other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that individual prior to providing the information to us. By providing that personal information, you are affirming that you have obtained such consent.
Information from Other Sources
For the purpose of background check reports in connection with your application, and as permitted by applicable law and/or with your consent, Baylis will obtain information about you from other sources:
These other sources may include:
- Your references;
- Prior employers;
- Educational institutions you attended;
- Credentialing, licensing and debarment status.
- BASIS FOR COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect and process information about you for one or more of these reasons:
- Because you voluntarily provide this information and consent for us to process it;
- Because this information is necessary to take steps at your request prior to your employment;
- Because this information is of particular importance to us, and we have a specific legitimate interest under law to process it;
- To comply with a legal obligation; or
- Where necessary to protect the vital interests of you or any person.
Where the collection or processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- USE OF INFORMATION
The information that you submit on the Career Center site or otherwise share with our Talent Advisors will be used for Baylis’ global personnel recruitment, management, and planning purposes, as permitted by applicable law:
- To process your application;
- To assess your capabilities and qualifications. We may use automated programs for proactively sourcing of candidates by evaluating candidates’ career profiles against job requirements, resulting in a pre-selected candidate pool; for job applicant screening by evaluating candidate responses to assessments, resulting in deselection of candidates who do not meet minimum requirements. In countries where the law allows, you may exercise your right to have human intervention, to express your point of view and to contest the decision by contacting us. Please see the “Choices and Access” section below. We may also create a profile about you based on your capabilities and qualifications which can be used to identify additional professional opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- To conduct reference checks;
- To respond to your inquiries and communicate with you about your application, and to send you information regarding the Career Center site and changes to our terms and policies;
- To comply with or monitor compliance with any applicable law or regulation;
- To conduct background checks, as allowed by local laws, if we offer you a position; and
- To preserve other legitimate interests, for example, for Baylis’ administrative purposes, aggregate management reporting, internal training, and as generally required to conduct our business within Baylis and its affiliates.
Consistent with applicable law, the information about you will be added to our Career Center system(s) or database(s) and can be retained and used to consider you for opportunities at Baylis and its affiliates other than the one(s) for which you apply. We may contact you by email or by phone about other opportunities that may be aligned with our needs and your interests. If you do not wish us to do this, please contact us at HR@baylismedtech.com
If we hire you, personal information we collect in connection with your application may be incorporated into our human resources system and used to manage the new-hire process. Any such information can become part of your employee file and used for other employment-related purposes.
Providing personal information to us through the Career Center site or to our Talent Advisors is voluntary, but necessary for the recruiting process. Consistent with applicable law, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may be unable to consider your employment application or, if you are hired, your subsequent promotion, transfer, or relocation.
- DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
Baylis shares personal information of candidates with its affiliates that are involved in evaluating candidates for available positions. Baylis will remain responsible for personal information that is jointly used with affiliates. You can consult the list of our locations here: https://baylismedtech.com/contact/
We will limit access to such personal information to personnel that need to know the information for the purposes described in this Policy, including personnel in the recruiting, human resources, and information technology departments, and in the department responsible for the position for which you are applying.
Baylis also shares personal information with approved third-party service providers to facilitate the services they provide to us, including hosting and operating the Career Center site, recruiting assistance, and background check processing.
Disclosing your personal information to us can include transferring your personal information to other countries, including to the United States or any other country in which we or our service providers have operations. If you are located in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) this may include countries outside of the EEA. Some of these countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en
on Baylis’ website.
- OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES OF INFORMATION
We also use and disclose your personal information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities.
- This can include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For example, when we receive law enforcement requests and orders.
- For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To respond to subpoenas or other judicial orders from competent courts of law.
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your personal information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- DATA RETENTION
We will retain personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy. The criteria used to determine our retention periods may include one or more of the following: (a) as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you; (b) as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (c) as advisable in light of our legal position (such as with respect to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, audits, or regulatory investigations). We also maintain compliance with laws and regulations across the globe, while meeting local and country specific requirements.
- CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you register on the Career Center site, you may access, review, and change your personal information stored therein by logging into the Career Center site and updating your account information, as appropriate. The updated profile will be used as the default the next time you apply for a job using your account online. To change personal information that you have already submitted for consideration for a specific position, please update your profile and resubmit your application for that position. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
Where permitted by applicable law, you may request to review, access correct, update, restrict, suppress, or delete your personal information; request that we cease using your personal information, as permitted by applicable law; or request a copy or portability of your personal information. You may make any such request by contacting us as indicated below in the “Contact Us”
section. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law, and if any circumstances cause delay in our response, you will be promptly notified. If you make such a request, please make clear what personal information you would like to access or have changed, whether you would like to have personal information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your personal information.
For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the e‑mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may also need to verify your identity before processing your request. Please note that certain personal information may be exempt from such requests pursuant to applicable data protection laws or other laws and regulations.
Baylis will take the appropriate administrative, physical, and technical measures to protect Personal Information consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations. When Baylis retains a third-party service provider to store or process personal information, that provider will be assessed for their ability to meet industry standard security measures to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the Personal Information.
- LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
- LAW APPLICABLE TO JOB APPLICATION
The Career Center site allows you to apply for jobs world-wide, as a benefit of Baylis’ centralized global recruitment function. Please be advised that the Career Center site is operated from Canada. Accordingly, any personal information you submit to the Career Center site will be collected and stored with a cloud provider who stores data in Canada and will be subject to Canadian laws. The transfer of personal information does not entitle Baylis to use that information for purposes other than those for which you have expressly or impliedly consented. Baylis remains accountable for the protection information that has been transferred. However, if we share your personal information with an employee located in another country, the employee will handle your personal information in accordance with this Policy. Any hiring or other employment-related decisions will be made by the hiring affiliate in accordance with the laws of the country where the job will be located.
- ABOUT CHILDREN
The Career Center site is not intended for minors in any jurisdiction, generally under age 18 or 21. Please know that you will be required to prove you are over the age of majority in your country to continue in the talent selection process.
- CURRENT PERSONNEL OF BAYLIS
If you currently work for Baylis or one of our affiliates, you must be eligible to apply for a different position within Baylis to use the Career Center site. If you accept such a position, your benefits programs and Human Resources policies may change. Please consult with the HR manager for the new position concerning application eligibility, benefit programs, and HR policies applicable to that position.
The Career Center site is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to local law or regulation.
- CHANGES TO THE POLICY
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time in order to address future developments of Baylis, the Career Center site, or changes in industry or legal trends. The “Last Updated” legend at the top of this Policy indicates when this Policy was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Careers Site.
- CONTACT US
If you have questions or requests, please feel free to contact us at HR@baylismedtech.com
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.
By proceeding with my application process, I understand that I have received, reviewed and understood this Policy. I acknowledge I am sharing my personal information to Baylis Medical Technologies Inc. (“Baylis”) through the Career Center site or through a Talent Advisor and I consent to Baylis collecting, using, disclosing, and retaining my personal information as fully outlined in this Policy.
With your consent, we will use your information to send communications about our opportunities in Talent Acquisition tailored to your interests via email and telephone.